Sunday, March 16, 2014

Gulab Jamun with Bisquick and Rose Water Syrup

Today is Holi. So I am thinking to make sweet.I don't have any item to make desserts.I have only Bisquick pancake mix.My kids are not eating pancakes.I was thinking what I should make with the pancake mix.Then I tasted the pancake mix and it reminded me of Gulab jamun powder.My kids love Gulab jamun ,so I wanted to give it a try.It came out delicious!!
Gulab Jamun with Bisquik and Rose Water Syrup Recipe:
Preparation Time : 10 min
Cooking Time : 15 min
Yield : 25 jamuns

Ingredients :

Bisquick Pan cake mix - 1 1/2 cups
Milk - Enough to make soft dough
Sugar - 2 cups
Water - 2 cups
Rose water syrup -1 tspn
Ghee/oil - for deep fry jamun
Cardamom - 1 crushed
Coconut Powder - for garnish
Directions :
Take a bowl and pancake mix.Now add milk and make a soft dough.Let it rest for about 10 minutes.Meanwhile prepare sugar syrup.Take a sauce pan, add sugar and water,let it boil for about 15 minutes.While boiling add rose syrup and cardamom.Keep it a side.Now take the dough and make small balls.Take a fry pan and then add ghee. When the ghee is hot fry the balls until it turns into a golden brown color.Fry the balls on medium low heat.Remove the balls and place it into the syrup.Let it rest for about 15 to 20 minutes.Gulab jamuns are ready.Garnish with coconut powder or any kind of nuts.Enjoy!!

Note : Rose syrup comes in two types.one with no color and one with rose color.I have rose color so,the syrup looks dark pink color.
Take all Ingredients

Make a Dough

Boil sugar syrup

Add Rose syrup

Make small balls

Fry balls in ghee

Frying

Turn Golden brown color

Add balls in syrup

Wait 20 min

Done

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Can we get jamun powder online
    https://diabetesindiastore.com/supplements/black-jamun-powder-100-gms/p-0310184-65509621516-cat.html

    ReplyDelete